New Section(s)

Image
Anything that doesn't relate to the servers goes here.

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by Big Sister » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:40 pm

circuitbawx wrote:
Big Sister wrote:I really am getting tired of posting important things that relate to the community and it being completely overlapped, enveloped, and ultimately buried in a pile of shit.


How are your important topics more important than others' important topics? Why is everything else shit?


Simple. I don't present bullshit and random crap.

circuitbawx wrote:
Big Sister wrote:We should have a clear section for people to post important topics and nothing but and ONLY that. So either make an important section where people can post things that matter and or relocate the shitposts to the Trash or Shitpost sections where they belong.


Where are all of your topics in Important Stuff? I can't seem to find any


Try harder. That's the point I just made.

circuitbawx wrote:
Big Sister wrote:This is the only real reason why this community sometimes suffers, mostly due to the absurd amount of arrogance and disregard for things that could improve the community; and for the love of god, don't start with the "The community is doing fine" bullshit, because that's far besides the point. I'll simply brush-off your existence, so don't waste your energy. Just do something about it.


"Don't argue because I'm right now you have to act on it"


Wrong. Pitiful attempt to vilify my entire post. However it is you want to interpret what I said, go ahead.
Image
User avatar
Big Sister
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Ratchet ass Massachusetts.

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by Big Sister » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Epicmarkvan wrote:I don't know about the other council members here, but I personally don't see the need for LtB to "improve" as I like it the way it is. A group of friends having fun. Sure, it's devolved from the larger community of server-focused people it was a year+ ago, but why the hell do we need to be that? Most of us, myself included, are happy and satisfied with the current status of LtB and I can not stress enough that we don't need to do a damn thing if we don't feel it's necessary. If you want a large community full of new people you barely know, go join HellZone or some place like that. LtB is about community and fun, first and foremost, not a separate "Important Section" for Big Sister and his/her bitching about shit that doesn't need changing. If you're unhappy, find a different community or bring to the table a reason for us to enact the changes you desire other than "I want a section for important things that I feel are too important to go in the fucking section labeled IMPORTANT STUFF." Apologies for the paraphrasing, but I think it was close enough. Yes, sometimes we post non-important stuff in the important stuff section. Yes, it goes against the purpose of it, but who fucking cares? The only important stuff to post these days is "Big Sister wants something and nobody cares". I've moved the less important crap (Two topics, mind you) to the General Discussion thread. You can now feel free to post important topics without being held back by http://lefttittyboob.com/ and Dress Like JD Day, congrats.


I demand things and not 'ask' for it because this is a community filled with people who ridicule anything that is important. So yeah, don't sum anything up because that's not what I said. Ever played telephone? You know how by the time it gets to the last person, it's not even the same thing? Well yeah, don't abbreviate anything for me because if that's what I meant or wished to do, I would have done so myself, otherwise, please keep the way I write things the way I write them. Simple.
Image
User avatar
Big Sister
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Ratchet ass Massachusetts.

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by Big Sister » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:49 pm

circuitbawx wrote:How about instead of doing what you just said we should do, let's do this

1) Stop


How about, no. I will do as I please as long as I am not doing anything against forum policies. So, deal with it.
Image
User avatar
Big Sister
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Ratchet ass Massachusetts.

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by Big Sister » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Gooch wrote:
Epicmarkvan wrote:I don't know about the other council members here, but I personally don't see the need for LtB to "improve" as I like it the way it is. A group of friends having fun. Sure, it's devolved from the larger community of server-focused people it was a year+ ago, but why the hell do we need to be that? Most of us, myself included, are happy and satisfied with the current status of LtB and I can not stress enough that we don't need to do a damn thing if we don't feel it's necessary. If you want a large community full of new people you barely know, go join HellZone or some place like that. LtB is about community and fun, first and foremost, not a separate "Important Section" for Big Sister and his/her bitching about shit that doesn't need changing. If you're unhappy, find a different community or bring to the table a reason for us to enact the changes you desire other than "I want a section for important things that I feel are too important to go in the fucking section labeled IMPORTANT STUFF." Apologies for the paraphrasing, but I think it was close enough. Yes, sometimes we post non-important stuff in the important stuff section. Yes, it goes against the purpose of it, but who fucking cares? The only important stuff to post these days is "Big Sister wants something and nobody cares". I've moved the less important crap (Two topics, mind you) to the General Discussion thread. You can now feel free to post important topics without being held back by http://lefttittyboob.com/ and Dress Like JD Day, congrats.


^

I feel like this is important to understand, because some don't seem to get the point yet.

Please take your 'suck up to' statements elsewhere.
Image
User avatar
Big Sister
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Ratchet ass Massachusetts.

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by circuitbawx » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:21 pm

But your post demanded that we make an important topics section... which already exists. You have never posted in there.

If you're apprehensive toward us "pitifully vilifying" your suggestion, shouldn't you at least realize that your suggestion doesn't make any sense? The important section already exists, and is rather inactive in terms of posts. If you had ever created a topic there, you would have probably known this. It's hard to believe your claim that other shitty threads are constantly overflowing yours when I don't see any coming from you in the first place..

Do you believe that since your important posts are not being recognized enough that this has some correlation with the presumption that the community is dying?

Perhaps you'd like to visit the teamspeak, where people from the community (and even some who are not active on the forums) come together to chat and play games. Yes, this exists too.
Last edited by circuitbawx on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
this was all a joke or, experiment if you will, to show how you would react to me posting fake pictures. I figured "Oh, these guys won't care if I post something!" But I was wrong. You guys researched, argued, and even questioned my gender!
circuitbawx
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 am
Location: Damnedville, VA

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by Guard55 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:25 pm

Big Sister wrote:I demand things and not 'ask' for it because this is a community filled with people who ridicule anything that is important.


Examples please. Who are these so called "people who ridicule anything that is important"? On what important matters have they ridiculed?
Image
User avatar
Guard55
Super Admin
Super Admin
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:09 pm
Location: Pizza Planet

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by circuitbawx » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:28 pm

1) Of what importance is adding in an Important Topics section when it already exists? And why do you complain that threads which are deemed important to you aren't noticed enough if you don't post in there in the first place?

2) The last threads in that section were made in december (x2), november, and october (x2) 2014. How is this section overflowing with shit to the point it makes "more important" topics go unnoticed?

3)

Big Sister wrote:I demand things and not 'ask' for it because this is a community filled with people who ridicule anything that is important. So yeah, don't sum anything up because that's not what I said. Ever played telephone? You know how by the time it gets to the last person, it's not even the same thing? Well yeah, don't abbreviate anything for me because if that's what I meant or wished to do, I would have done so myself, otherwise, please keep the way I write things the way I write them. Simple.


Will do:

Big Sister wrote:I really am getting tired of posting important things that relate to the community and it being completely overlapped, enveloped, and ultimately buried in a pile of shit. We should have a clear section for people to post important topics and nothing but and ONLY that. So either make an important section where people can post things that matter and or relocate the shitposts to the Trash or Shitpost sections where they belong. This is the only real reason why this community sometimes suffers, mostly due to the absurd amount of arrogance and disregard for things that could improve the community; and for the love of god, don't start with the "The community is doing fine" bullshit, because that's far besides the point. I'll simply brush-off your existence, so don't waste your energy. Just do something about it.


The original post made a suggestion for a feature that has already been implemented, and in fact has existed since the day the forum was made. If you claim that the lack of an important topics section would be the reason for the community's suffering, isn't the community doing fine then?

If our opposition to your already implemented suggestion is a sample of us being the "people who ridicule anything that is important" you mentioned above, then you need to rethink if you should really want a second Important Topics section or not.
this was all a joke or, experiment if you will, to show how you would react to me posting fake pictures. I figured "Oh, these guys won't care if I post something!" But I was wrong. You guys researched, argued, and even questioned my gender!
circuitbawx
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 am
Location: Damnedville, VA

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by circuitbawx » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Also, I asked you why you hadn't posted anything in the Important Stuff section and you replied with "Try harder. That's the point I just made,"

"Simple. I don't present bullshit and random crap." If you're implying that your threads are "too hot" for the important stuff section, which doesn't see too much posting anyway (so how is it overflowing with shitposts???), then you need to come down off your high horse.

Spit in one hand, wish in the other. Which one fills up first? The important stuff section already exists and your suggestion/argument/fallacious persuasion advocating for the creation of another one doesn't make any sense.
Last edited by circuitbawx on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this was all a joke or, experiment if you will, to show how you would react to me posting fake pictures. I figured "Oh, these guys won't care if I post something!" But I was wrong. You guys researched, argued, and even questioned my gender!
circuitbawx
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 am
Location: Damnedville, VA

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by Epicmarkvan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Then all I will say, Big Sister, is get the fuck out. Posting definitions from dictionary.com don't help your argument, as all it did was help make my point. We're good where we are and like being in this state. An onlooker would call it "trapped" and they're not entirely wrong. We're not changing, you can't make us, so go away or stop fucking complaining because everyone is tired of it and all it does is aggravate, not change shit.
Lord of Men

Image
User avatar
Epicmarkvan
Regular
Regular
 
Posts: 1590
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: New Hampshire, United States

Re: New Section(s)

PostPosted by Guard55 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Image
Image
User avatar
Guard55
Super Admin
Super Admin
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:09 pm
Location: Pizza Planet

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron